Gavin and I left for Sparks only 3 days after getting home from the Hardy family reunion, so the days in between were filled with lots of cleaning up after camping as well as preparing to leave again. In addition to our preparation for another vacation, Casey was preparing to take the GRE (graduate school entrance exam) that Saturday! We were a little bit stressed and anxious that everything would work out, but Gavin and I got on the plane and made it safely to Sparks. It really was fortuitous that we left days before Casey took one of the biggest tests in his life, because it meant that he had a few days to focus entirely on the test (after work, of course) without distraction from us. We want to thank everyone who was praying for him, because he feels good about the results and is just happy it is over!
The following is a summary of what we did with my family: Reed and I went to the temple to do baptisms (it was youth temple night in the Sparks 9th Ward), we watched the Olympics until our eyes fell out (I think my one good eye developed a twitch), stayed up way WAY too late because of the Olympics, ate good food, had a birthday party for my Dad and Uncle Chris, I met the new puppies (Lisa and Chris have a shih-tzu puppy and Marissa and Jacob have 2 husky "puppies"), Gavin got uber spoiled by his grandparents (I hate that word, "uber"), we learned that Grandpa Adlish (it's weird to call my dad "Grandpa Adlish") is the world's worst disciplinarian to darn cute grandbabies; Gavin learned to love running on the grass barefoot; Gavin learned that grass actually exists; we got to visit with my Grandma Adlish and Grandparents Schindler (all alone, no less!), Mom and I got haircuts (Mom's haircut is DARLING! Stop doubting, Mom - different is good! Don't go back to the old ways, because this color and cut looks so good on you!), and when Casey came we went to Virginia City, went on a date to the movies (a what??) and swam at Grandpa and Grandma's. Phew. That was longer than I intended.
I took fewer pictures than I wanted to, but I was just enjoying a little bit of time to relax myself! Why don't grandmas live closer??
Thank you, family, for making our visit so lovely! We miss you all SO much! The invitation to visit us whenever you can is a standing one, so grab your hand-held spritzer fans, plenty of sunscreen, and something to kill over-sized bugs with and come on down!
Strawberry shortcake is AWESOME

5 comments:
Britt, can you be my mom?
Hey Britt,
Sorry we didn't see you much. My boys loved seeing Gavin, as did his Auntie Lisa! He can come to my house anytime for ice cream! We'll see you at Thanksgiving. Bring your smiley faces for family photos!! Love you guys. The Moore Fam
Dear Brittny, Casey & Gavin:
Thank you for the visit to Sparks and Reno and sharing gossip and fun!
After Casey's "cannon-ball" dives, we had to call the Reno Fire Dept. to refill the pool! Boy! He's such a great diver, but now we know what Katrina felt like.
We love the memories you're posting and are happy to share. You all mean so much to us!
Love ya, always and mostly!
The Schindlers
WHAT??? You guys came back to Sparks and didn't call us again. It's Janna by the way :) I'm just teasing you! I am happy for you that you were able to come back to visit family. I know how it is to be away! You two are too sweet! I'm glad that I found your blog so that we can stay in touch! I can't believe how big Gavin is getting too :) What a cutie :)
Wow! It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!
I can relate to the "living far away from family" thing - I've been doing it for way too long now and it pretty much never stops sucking! At least you guys are still a reasonably short plane trip away! Hope all is well down in the barren wasteland of Arizona....
Post a Comment