So: Halloween! Yeah, I was pretty sick that night, too. The week before found us at our ward's annual Fall Festival, where the youth have various activities planned for the kids and then the ward participates in a trunk-or-treat. Gavin had (still has) a cold and was not in the best of spirits, but he did love playing with the balloons in the "pumpkin patch" and running around in his costume. He was Blue from "Blue's Clues," and even though I got the costume for $8 off eBay it fit him like a glove! He even kept the mask on for about 20 minutes! A Halloween miracle!
We thought he ran out of a crowded room at one point, and that was the absolute WORST feeling I have ever had. We ran around the church looking for him, but it turns out that he was really in the room the whole time and Casey found him in about 10 seconds. I could have used that information while I was running around the church and outside in the dark. Horrible. I don't even want to re-live it. But he's safe and sound, and he even got a few pieces of candy that we might let him eat.
On Halloween night we carved pumpkins and decorated the house. Gavin didn't like touching the pumpkin guts but he did like trying to eat the seeds raw. Casey's Batman symbol turned out great! It's too bad we old farts didn't dress up this year, but I promise it would have been different if I weren't still throwing up. Gavin ran around in his Blue costume again, and Casey had fun answering the door for Trick-or-Treaters. I wish you all could have been a fly on the wall to hear the old fart things he was saying to these young whippersnappers. It was classic. All that was missing was a walker and orthopedic shoes.
Here's hoping that next year will be healthier, because I LOVE Halloween! What a fun holiday (at least in theory...)!

7 comments:
Oh my goodness - how cute is Gavin?! Your son is too cute, Britt!
Sorry to hear your health is acting up again, darlin'. I'll keep you in my prayers. Feel better! Loves!
Oh Brittny....I'm so sorry your feeling like warm poo poo. If we lived closer I'd scoop up Mr. Gavin (Blue costume and all, Jin Ji would love me for that) and let you feel better. There's nothing worse than being sick AND a mom at the same time. I wish your lovely mom/my sister would relay the goings on so we would know when to put a little more umph in our prayers. Looking forward to seein you all at Thanksgiving. Feel better so you and Rachel can make those crescent cinnamon thingys. We love you. Auntie Lisa and the boys!
Oh, by the way, love the pumpkins. At least they are somewhat happy ones. My husband carved an AK 47 aimed at my pumkin. One move and we could make a pumpkin pie easy.
What a cute Blue! I am so sorry that you haven't been feeling well. Your pumpkins turned out really cute too!
How handsome is my nephew!!! Great job on the pumpkins by the way. Sorry to hear that you've been under the weather again, hope that turns around again soon!
Love you all,
Court
I'm sad you're sick. Really, really sad.
Britt, where are you? I miss your blogging!!! I hope that everything is well with you and your cute little family.
Post a Comment