I found out I needed to shave when my two-year-old touched my leg and said, "Ouch!"
Costco sells caskets online. No kidding. I wasn't looking, I just accidentally ran across it.
I'm not as frugal as I thought I would be when it comes to the impending birthday of my child. I tell everyone else he needs no more toys, and then I go out and buy him a big fat toy (and several smaller ones a week ago that I am no longer counting as part of his birthday). Hypocritical? Yes. Destined to be a stinking pile of fun? Absolutely.
When Gavin says "stinky," he just might be referring to himself and his immediate need for a diaper change.
I don't have a green thumb, I think. My tomatoes looked upon me with a dismal, withering and yellowed look as if to say, "Pick up those dreams of canning jar after jar of tomatoes this year, sister, and get them outta here!" I reprimanded them for their rudeness, sprayed insecticidal soap in an effort to demolish the whiteflies, sprinkled ant-killing pellets around the garden boxes, and went back in the house as a tear slowly made its way down my cheek. I wouldn't have cried had the tomatoes not gotten so personal.
Spraying the aforementioned insecticidal soap on a windy day is not a good idea. Some of the spray may or may not end up in your mouth, giving you an odious taste in the back of your throat and the fear of poisoning by droplets carried on the wind.
I didn't actually get poisoned. Brushing my teeth helped considerably.
Gavin is a smart, smart boy. He learned that his magnetic blocks will stick to the door jamb of the linen closet. Good job, Bubby!
Gavin likes Coldplay!
That's all for today. I better go make cookies.
12 years ago

2 comments:
I texted you yesterday and haven't heard back. Didn't you get shocked by my wave lengths traveling from CO to your cute boy (the little one) in AZ? I was requesting birthday ideas. The awesome wooden puzzle set I have been planning to get him is SOLD OUT. Can you freaking believe it? I should have bought it 6 months ago when I decided that's what I'd get him. So, I'm back at square one trying to figure out what to get the kid whose mom keeps buying him toys...
I knew about the Costco and casket buying. However, when purchasing it, do you pick it up and what...load it on top of the car and head home with a sigh of relief knowing you planned ahead? Too funny!
Post a Comment