In the last post, I touted potty training as an angelic experience that anyone would do well to learn eternal truths from. Well, let's not exaggerate, people - that was yesterday. Okay, that was about half of yesterday. The second half of yesterday went downhill quickly after two poops on the kitchen floor caused me to realize that I am projecting my perfectionist tendencies onto my child as I wonder why he isn't perfect the first time at potty training. After being mad at myself for this realization and then surging right on into a hormonal pregnancy mood change, I was as pleasant as a barrel cactus to be around last night. I am glad I wrote that last post, however, because I meant every word of it, and when I start to slide into pathetic self-pity I will come back and read it to gain the perspective I raved about before. In the meantime, I'll look at this cute face and wonder how I can ever be such a scrooge in the first place.
12 years ago

2 comments:
"myself is in Charge!" Hmmm, I think we all realize quite early in our childrens life that we as parents are not in charge. Our children like us to think we are. But these Saturdays Warriors can be difficult and adorable all at the same time. We just hope that we can get them to focus all of that "in Charge" attitude in the right direction. That's all parents can do. Oh, and love them regardless! You might want to talk to Auntie Da for some potty training tips on stairs, it seemed to work for Luke!
I have yet to clean up poop off the floor however Trent is toying with good days and what I like to call off days when it comes to potty training as well. They will figure it out sooner or later. Deep breaths.
Post a Comment