Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Morning Thoughts

A selection of random thoughts from my head:

***
Thank you, Averi, for sleeping for 8 hours or more FOR THE LAST 5 NIGHTS IN A ROW!

***
I am considering bigamy so that Landon Donovan can join our family. After his goal this morning in the 91st minute against Algeria that not only won the game but moved us into the top 16, I think I can find it in my heart to let him move in. Yes, I already called Casey at work to tell him. He votes for Jennifer Love Hewitt instead.

***
How is is possible that Casey could change a light bulb in our bathroom, the only one in a recessed can in the ceiling, and miss the huge dust web hanging from the can in the process?

***
I had a baby gift prepared for a friend across town who had a baby a week before I did. After I gave birth, I intended to take said gift to her many, many times, but it would mean packing up both kids and going ALL the way over to her house without any other reason for doing so. Time got away from me, and I found myself in need of diapers...and there just happened to be some in the nicely wrapped gift still on my floor. So I used them. Then I needed a small tub of Vasaline, also conveniently located in the semi-unwrapped gift on my floor. I am a horrible person.

***
Gavin has a pair of khaki shorts that are the most amazing attractors of all things horrible. Every SINGLE time he wears them, something horrid happens to them. He never ever wears them more than one day, and sometimes not even for one whole day. They have been peed in, had tomato and other sauces dumped on them, attracted so much sand from the sandbox that I wondered if there was anything left in the sandbox; had Averi spit up all over them...

I also have a talent for serving dinners with red sauces only when both Casey and Gavin are wearing white shirts. And if you think that Gavin is the only one I'd have to worry about in that situation, you'd be surprised at how much Shout I use on Casey's white shirts.

***
Thank you, Oxyclean. Just thank you.

No comments: