Monday, September 13, 2010

Gr-Attitude

Things I am thankful for...in hindsight...after last night's dinner:

I am thankful that I realized I was feeding Averi carrots, which are orange, so that when she pulled her hand up above the high chair tray and it was covered in greenish goo I knew it wasn't peas.

I am thankful that she didn't put the greenish-goo covered hand in her mouth.

I am thankful that high chairs are covered in vinyl for easy cleanup.

I am thankful - every day, actually - for Lysol Wipes.

I am thankful that Casey was home to help with cleanup.

I am thankful that when child #1 had his own accident a few moments later, Casey took care of it.

I am thankful that Gavin is able to wipe himself.

I am thankful for flushing toilets.

I am thankful for Wet Wipes.

I am thankful that Casey shelled my shrimp for me so that I could at least eat a few.

I am thankful for microwaves that reheat our food when it takes an hour and a half for dinner to be finished.

Last, I am thankful for early bedtimes - for children.

2 comments:

Kris said...

I remember when I used to be thankful for my fast car & cute clothes. Now I'm just grateful to make it through a day without getting smeared in poop (or puke, or snot, etc). Oh, how motherhood changes us! I admire your ability to look on the bright side!

Lisa Moore said...

It's good to be grateful on days such as those. Remember those grateful attitudes, because you'll need them! Can't wait to see you all!!