Thursday, March 5, 2009

Please Vote!

I am not usually the person who uses their blog to promote a cause outside of voting for my child as the world's cutest (no contest), but I feel the need to step outside a bit and ask for your votes for a different reason.

A family from my hometown has made it into the finals of the CBS Early Show's Singing Family Face-Off, and they need your votes! The family who wins this competition gets a CBS recording contract, and I really think they deserve it (trust me - I wouldn't promote them if I didn't think they were talented, because loyalties to friends aside, I'm just not nice enough to tell people to lie). I am asking you to go to the link provided and vote, vote, vote for the Lorentzen Family!

For those skeptics out there, I invite you to listen to their audition and judge for yourself. Feel free to go to the CBS Early Show website and listen to the other families as well, because that will inevitably show how truly talented the Lorentzens are.



Let me familiarize you briefly with the family and my background with them: John, the father, was my high school music teacher (and my siblings' as well). I started working with him in 5th grade when I was in our high school's production of Annie, and our families have known each other for even longer than that. Our families are both members of the same church (LDS, or Mormons) and we have performed in church functions together. Their children are Mark, who used to take French horn lessons from my dad and is a good friend of mine (he took me to my senior prom, in fact); Anne; Lisa, who is my brother's age; and Catherine, who I've known since she was born. Laura, the mother of this clan, is just as talented as the rest - a singer, pianist, and amazing musician.

Again, please take a second to vote for them (as many times as you can!) and encourage others to do the same. Good luck, Lorentzen family - we are totally rooting for you back home!

***TO VOTE: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/02/10/earlyshow/series/singingfamily_faceoff/main4790097.shtml

2 comments:

Christa Jeanne said...

Done, done and done! I'm all for shamelessly promoting one's friends - we remember my campaign for Miss Idaho (aka my bestie's little sis), right?

Karrasch Clique said...

Yay for the Lorentzen's! I hope they win. They totally deserve to!