A few things we have learned already about this added layer of cuteness:
1) She is a Daddy's girl. Not surprising. Gavin is his Daddy's boy. I might take up raising carrier pigeons, just so I feel better when they are trained to fly back to ME. Averi smiles the most often and the biggest for Daddy.
2) She thinks that by flashing a cute smile, she can get away with anything, like when she is being ridiculous about nursing (i.e. bobbing her head around, clenching her jaw shut and refusing to latch on, looking around, playing with it...). She looks up at me and smiles her best as she's being naughty just so that the choice words I had in store for her deflate rapidly and turn to a feeble "You...better behave...you cute baby ooo ahhh." Not that effective. She's good at cleaning up a would-be potty mouth.
This last reason is also why I nurse in the dark in the middle of the night. I want to be as furious at her as possible when I am super tired - none of this cuteness for me, thank you very much. Allow me some sense of control!
Knowing the preceding facts about her at only 9 weeks old makes me nervous for what the future holds. If she manipulates us already, what will happen in 3-4 years when she wants a pony? I better get this under control before she hits the teenage years...

5 comments:
She is ADORABLE! SHe does have a very cute smile!
Oh, so cute! Don't forget you do have some Spanish eyes a smilin'!!
That is a ton of hair (compared to my two near bald babies). Cute smiles!
Wow she is getting so big....we need to come see her again. How have you guys been?
Oh, Brittny, she's BEAUTIFUL!!! I officially love your little family. Such wonderful parents to such darling kidlets. :)
Post a Comment