Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Review

We recently visited my family in Sparks for an extended (but never long enough) stay. We laughed, we cried, we baked, we enjoyed the changing colors and the cool weather; we ate lovely goodies at Apple Hill, and we reconnected with our family members - grandparents and great-grandparents included. In short, the trip was simply lovely, all the way around (except for when I lost my aunt's dog...more on that later). Following are just some of the photos we took. Thanks SO much, Dad and Mom (and all of my family!), for a wonderful time. We'll see you soon!

Great-grandma Adlish

Marissa's baby shower (it's not my gift that she's overjoyed about, however)

Bowling for the first time!

At Oxbow park

(Sometimes I have to insert myself in photos just to prove I was actually there.)

See Gavin? It's so fun to go down the slide at Grandpa and Grandma Great's pool! You want to try?

Please note look of terror and flailing limbs. And yet, he did it one more time!

Averi with Grandpa and Grandma Great

Auntie Lisa

The Ferris wheel at Scheels

Apple Hill

It is such a blessing to have parents who are still married and still in love!

If I only posted photos in which I looked fantastic, no one would ever see me. This was the best we could get after a long day!

This photo, however, is one of my all-time favorites. I can't believe the kids are both smiling!

Mugging for Daddy in the car

Cookie decorating time!

Finally, Averi let someone else feed her! She wasn't letting anyone but me feed her for days - including her dad.

Ladder ball. Casey is the all-time champion. My dad's bowling win must have turned on the competitive juices!

Auntie Marissa, Averi, and No-Name Davis (only two and a half more months until we meet him!!)

Uncle Reed with his nephew and niece. Waiting for the mission call ANY DAY NOW!!

Beatles Rockband. Dad was singing falsetto most of the time. Good times!

1 comment:

Lisa Moore said...

Thank goodness for having kids who detract from the really bad photos of those holding them! We loved seeing you and can't wait until Thanksgiving! Thank you for letting me hold your little "pink" girl. Heres hoping we get ours soon!!!