Friday, January 7, 2011

One Year Ago Today...

Do you remember what you were doing one year ago today?

We do.

We were at the hospital...

waiting for her to arrive.


It has been one whole year since Averi came to our family, and we have had more joy in her than we could ever express. She is the light in her daddy's eyes, the smile on her brother's face, and the mess all over my kitchen floor. Oh, and the cheeks that I can't stop kissing, too.

Having the world's most darling children is a curse, really, because I just want to display them for the world to see in all their precious glory. And then Averi rips her hair out for the 20th time and tears her socks off to stuff them in her mouth.


And we wouldn't have it any other way.

4 comments:

Karrasch Clique said...

Oh Brittany she is so cute! Happy 1st birthday to your sweet little girl!

Wendy said...

I'm still amazed at all the hair she has. And the awesome thing is came with it. I hope your day was without pain and just joy!

Lisa Moore said...

Okay. So birthday cards to Casey, you and Averi are in the mail. Sorry I'm not the organized one so far this year. I'm still trying to get Christmas cards out. She is soooooo cute! Equally as cute as her brother.... but no quite as cute as her mom was (oops, is). The funny thing is you had waaaaayyyy more hair. I hope our baby girl will have hair like that!

Hilary said...

Averi is such a doll! Happy birthday to her!

And of course you may stalk my blog. I have a hard time deciding whether to be public or private, but now that I know you're looking, I'll add you to my list of readers just in case ;)