This boy is a Sunbeam.
This 3 1/2-year-old, precious, incredibly smart, imaginative, sweet boy, dares to get older and grow up.
I've had such trouble with this boy in the past week. Visiting grandparents is such a wonderful time for him and he never wants to leave. This time, I was ready to send him right back after he flat out refused to listen to anything I said for.7.whole.days.
Yesterday, however, he brought a whole lot of sunshine back into our house. And I realized that while he had plenty of ownership in the rotten, cloudy feeling in our home (ohhhh boy, did he), this girl was far more responsible for her reactions to said child. Someone has to be the grownup, and apparently, it's supposed to be me.
This boy reminds me to use nice words, to smile all the time, to be playful and imaginative, to read with him and teach him to read, and to make good choices.
This boy can't get any bigger, because if he does, my heart might fall right off my sleeve.
And this boy would pick it right up again for me.

This 3 1/2-year-old, precious, incredibly smart, imaginative, sweet boy, dares to get older and grow up.
I've had such trouble with this boy in the past week. Visiting grandparents is such a wonderful time for him and he never wants to leave. This time, I was ready to send him right back after he flat out refused to listen to anything I said for.7.whole.days.
Yesterday, however, he brought a whole lot of sunshine back into our house. And I realized that while he had plenty of ownership in the rotten, cloudy feeling in our home (ohhhh boy, did he), this girl was far more responsible for her reactions to said child. Someone has to be the grownup, and apparently, it's supposed to be me.
This boy reminds me to use nice words, to smile all the time, to be playful and imaginative, to read with him and teach him to read, and to make good choices.
This boy can't get any bigger, because if he does, my heart might fall right off my sleeve.
And this boy would pick it right up again for me.

3 comments:
This boy is an awfully cute little munchkin.
And I'm glad I'm not the only Mommy that forgets she's supposed to be the Mommy sometimes!
Happy days are always a treasure. Being with Grandparents is part of the treasure and returning to life is another part of the treasure. He is a sweet loving child whose smile can melt any negative circumstance.
Some days I wonder why I signed up to be a parent. Other days I wonder what the Lord was thinking when we're supposed to help these little ones reach their potential. My heart is constantly on my sleeve. Wait until they start 1st grade and 2nd grade and so on, and so on. I'll have a middle schooler next year. Where's the tissue?
Post a Comment