Gavin really liked seeing all of the animals, but I think his favorite part was sharing an ice cream cone with Mom and Dad! He also thought it was pretty funny when Dad was pettin
We also walked through an exhibit replete with antique farm equipment. There were huge steam engines, a Maytag washing machine from 1905 (basically a barrel with a mechanical pulley attached), and even a small mechanical log-splitter. We watched the log-splitter for a few minutes...that is until a HUGE HAIRY SPIDER crawled out of it and I nearly lost my doughnuts and ice cream. Now, I have a slight tendency to exaggerate when it comes to unpleasant arachnid encounters (really, are there any other kind?), but trust me - this was a BIG, fat, hairy gray spider. UGH.
Credence Clearwater Revival was scheduled to play that evening, but I think Gavin is a little too young for concerts just yet. We are looking forward to next year when Gavin understands a little more about the animals and is able to pet them without immediately following up by sticking his fingers in his mouth!
"Pat," one of the Budweiser Clydesdales
He was trying to teach Gavin to drive stick. No joke.
Gavin was looking at the piglets - they were so cute!

1 comment:
Well the boy is 1 now. I think it's high time he start learning to drive. And there's no better way to start than on a manual race car!
Post a Comment