I miss artsy fartsy stuff. I used to attend symphonies, ballets, operas, art museums, and other associated cultural locales on a regular basis. Tonight I heard an Impressionist piece by Satie that I fell in love with and decided to share with my husband. As we listened to the soothing, simple sounds of solo piano wafting through the computer screen, I was taken away to that place where only classical music can take me - a refuge, a retreat; a fantasy...which was shortly broken with the loud sound of Farty Farterson at my side, who promptly brought me back to the reality of my own day-to-day personal symphony. Eat your heart out, Satie.
12 years ago

3 comments:
Perhaps it is a blessing that you haven't taken him with you to anything too "sophisticated". I mean, you've only been married a few years...we know it takes longer than that to house train most hubbies (Casey, you know that is said with nothing but love and admiration for you)!
Brittny:
The only aged and blessed counsel we can render is to carry a can of "Green" paint spray on your person for the next several years as you break the spell. In this way you can spray the "toxic fumes" before you infect the plague upon your household guests. Gavin must be protected at all costs as the violent fumes will surely shrink him and he'll never reach kindergarten age. The people must be warned! Eventually the love will return and Casey will use a more thicker, smellier shaving lotion to aid your combat.
Good luck, dear granddaughter!
All our love,
GM & GP
Brittny,
Do you realize that in one short paragraph you used "fart" three times. I'll tell Casey to start taking you to the opera again, because you have digressed to his level of indecency.
Love,
Jay
Post a Comment