Friday, July 24, 2009

Complaining

I feel like I use this blog as an outlet for complaining. This is not good. I have SO much to be thankful for, and I'd like to share a few of my thoughts:

I never want to forget the sound of baby laughter. Oh sure, Gavin might be 2, but I still (and probably always will) consider him my baby. I love listening to him break into peals of laughter over the silliest things - Mr. Noodle on Sesame Street, putting pants on his head (he's entering the silly stage in which objects put in the wrong place are hilarious), running down the hall after Daddy, being thrown in the air or tickled by Daddy, etc. I think many of the world's problems would be solved if everyone could have access to the sound of a child laughing on a regular basis.

We ate a vegetable dish made entirely of vegetables from our garden last night! Zucchini, summer squash, and cherry tomatoes sauteed in olive oil and sprinkled with fresh chives (also from the garden) and garlic salt. Delicious. AND victorious. (See previous complaining posts for more information about our foray into gardening in balmy Tucson.)

As scary as it can be, I like to watch the monsoon rains. As long as I am safely in my home and not stuck in the rain or flooding somewhere, I feel very grateful that the rains water my garden and water the desert. The lighting storms can be fantastic, and the sunset under dark clouds is beautiful. It makes me want to take up oil painting again. Someday!

Boy do I love blueberries. Thank you, Thomas Jefferson, for mainstreaming such a delicious summer berry for America to indulge in.

I've actually grown to somewhat enjoy the Elmo in Grouchland movie. No, really - it has its own comedic charm and a few jokes only adults would understand. As long as I must watch it a few times per week, I might as well enjoy it!

I am SO thankful my mom and sister came to stay with and help me while Casey spent two weeks in Denmark. I miss them.

I am SO thankful Casey is home from Denmark!

I love homemade whole wheat bread and homemade strawberry jam. If there are two things that make me feel like June Cleaver or Betty Crocker, it would be these two. I could sure use an apron from Anthropologie to complete the picture, though. Oh, and a string of pearls.

And last but not least, I really am grateful to be pregnant.

6 comments:

Karrasch Clique said...

I think you did that whole post to ward people off of reading the last line! CONGRATULATIONS!!! When are you due?

Christa Jeanne said...

*high-pitched girlish squeal of delight!* CONGRATS!!! Britt, I am soooo excited and delighted for you guys! How fabulous. Congrats! :)

AJ said...

Elmopoloza is way better than grouchland...and I know from experience! I'm reading the most delightful book right now and it totally reminds me of you because the protagonist sounds just like you. I mean if the authors name wasn't on the front cover, I wouldn't have believed it wasn't written by you. Anyhow it's called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society...you should pick it up, it's great!

Janna said...

Oh SHUT UP!!! That was by far one of the cutest ways I have seen to tell that surprise! YAY!!! I am SO SO SO happy for you guys! Fingers crossed for a girl for you two. Casey needs a little girl to get wrapped around his little finger :) CONGRATS GIRL! Keep us all updated :)

korth fam said...

we are VERY happy for you guys!! Congrats

Jonny & Whitney said...

Congrats!!! I love reading your blog! And seeing your super cute pictures of Gavin!