I'm in an alliterative mood. Fortunately, I won't subject you to an incredibly long post as I try to update the masses on the happenings down here. I'll just start at the beginning and talk about the visits from our family we've had recently.
Courtnee, Taylor and Drew got a crazy notion in their heads to leave the lovely, cool paradise of Colorado and head south for spring break to embrace sunshine and cactus. Cactus, they got. Sunshine and warm weather was much more fleeting. In fact, it was warmer in CO than in Tucson during their visit! They did get to swim a little, but there was quite a downpour on one day in particular and we were all a little stir-crazy. We took advantage of the sunshine while it lasted and went mini golfing and go-cart driving. Gavin's first attempt at golfing was more like a lesson in hammering a nail, but I'm sure he'll get the hang of it, anyway. He just loved being with his two cool older cousins and tried to imitate them every step of the way.
By happenstance, a distant relative just a little north of Tucson was giving his mission homecoming talk in church that Sunday, so we all made the trek and hung out with distant cousins who could technically marry Taylor and Drew with no legal problems. But that's a conversation for another family reunion.
We loved having Court and the boys down here and are just sorry we aren't cool enough to have 4-wheelers or any other attraction but small, darling children. One day we'll be cool, but until then we'll have to piggy-back on the likes of Apples to Apples-playing, water-loving, sunglasses-wearing, balls of hilarity like C, T and D. Thank you SO much, guys, for coming to relieve us of the dry spell we'd had of family! We love and miss you! (I have no idea if they read the blog or not, but bear with me as I send cyber-hugs. They'll feel just a tiny bit warmer inside today - I just know it.)
12 years ago

1 comment:
Dear Brittny and Casey and Gavin and Avery:
We just wanted you all to know that your grandparents in Reno read your recent blog and enjoyed it.
All our love,
Post a Comment